The Mates' Reality TV Life

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The two-family holiday


This year was a first. This year, I grew up a little and decided to do the two-family Thanksgiving. What I mean is that Caleb, my mans, came to my family for part of the weekend and then I went with him to visit his family for the other part. It's hard to do the two family holiday, I have to say. We were in Greenville from Wednesday to Friday, then we drove from Greenville to Nashville, which involves driving on I-40, the most terrifying road on earth. Especially when your driver thinks he's Mario Andretti. So, we went and stayed with Cay's sister and her husband in Nashville for the weekend. His parents came and so did his sister and brother-in-law that live in Jacksonville. So, back up the train to my family's Thanksgiving. All in ONE day (Thursday), we decided to: drive to Charlotte/Lake Norman to have Thanksgiving lunch with my mom's family and then drive back to upstate SC to Williamston to have Thanksgiving dinner with my dad's family and then we went back home. 2 Thanksgiving dinners! Then, I got to eat again on Saturday night with Caleb's family up in Nashville. It must be really hard to be married and have to accomodate everyone's family. We were talking about how we guess that you just have to keep a tally of which holidays you spent with who to be fair. What do you married folks say?

My friend Stewart calls his holiday travels the "Triangle of Death" because his family has to go from Atlanta to Birmingham to Tennessee and back to Atl. I feel his pain.

I'm thankful for the fact that I am healthy. I can run and jump and eat whatever I want. I think I gained some pounds this weekend, but that's probably good. I'm bored at work today. Maybe I'll write another blog in a few minutes. Do I have a picture to attach to this blog? Mate, maybe I'll send you one to do.

-FARIS

9 Comments:

  • yay for an update...don't even get me started on the holidays b/c aaron's parents live in CO. what? we don't know what we're going to do especially for chrimma' time. mate, i want to go to furman. i miss it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:56 AM  

  • you want to plan a trip? furman here we's come.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:34 AM  

  • I think that you should alternate families each Christmas and the family that you don't visit, won't have to buy you presents;) What do you two think of that?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:00 PM  

  • 3 thanksgiving dinners? talk about heaven. i have to admit... i am jealous.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:29 PM  

  • anonymous, that idea sucks! as the king of capitalism you should know that is not how the mates act. we like THINGS. especially when they are GIVEN to us.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:53 PM  

  • I'd have to agree. MateTV=capitalism. MateTV fully supports the giving and receiving of gifts.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:56 AM  

  • You two went to Furman so I thought you both were Bible beaters and enjoyed GIVING to the poor rather than RECEIVING. Doesn't sound like you learned very much!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:36 PM  

  • all my life been po' so it's time to rake in the gifts ho

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:48 PM  

  • Faris and Mate went to Furman so that makes them Bible beaters?? Since when were all Furmanites Bible beaters? Anonymous, you're weird.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home