The Mates' Reality TV Life

Monday, December 11, 2006

Ramblings


My neighborhood is whack. Seriously, I am so sick of it. Now before I say anything, I have to say that I am very blessed to live in such a nice neighborhood and I'm very appreciative that my parents have bought this place for us. So back to my rant. The Woodlands is placed right smack in the middle of two lower-income neighborhoods. What that means is that there are ALWAYS people wandering through our streets...well, that was until they started strategically placing cop cars throughout the neighborhood. I'm not sure what an empty cop car does, but whatev. So anyway, I noticed last night what these people have decided to do instead of cutting through the Woodlands. They walk along the fence that is right across from my house...and it's CREEPY. They are all sneaky and stuff. People are literally coming from work and stuff walking along the fence line. Go ahead, anonymous, judge me.

I love the show Rob and Big. It's hilarious. Those two could not be anymore of an unlikely pair...but that's why I love it. When Big is so excited about eating a burger...hahahahaha...

So, Caleb and I got our Christmas tree! The story: he wanted a small, cheap one because he is not going to be home much this season and of course I don't live in Augusta to enjoy it either. So, we see all kinds of expensive trees, but finally find the perfect tree. We wanted to go to Big Lots to buy all the stuff first so we told the Xmas tree people we'd be right back. So we proceed to Big Lots and get all kinds of ornaments, ribbon, lights, etc...only to go back and find the tree place closed. So, all was sad because I needed to drive back to Athens...so Caleb sent me into Big Lots to return all of the decorations. I almost cried as I stood in line with his credit card and the bags that we had JUST bought. Well, just like in a movie, right before the cashier returned everything, Caleb yelled into the store to hold on because he had found some cute, cheap trees at Food Lion!!! YIPPEEE!!!

-FARIS

6 Comments:

  • More about my neighborhood: there is no way one can live here and hold a decent daytime hours job. The college students insist on playing beerpong every day of the week and throwing every object you can think of off of their porches. Further, no one can park, so last Friday I had to reverse all the way down my street because the idiots blocked it at one end with their retardo parking job.

    By Blogger oneofthemates, at 4:11 PM  

  • mate, i love how you compare scary, creepy people walking along the fence in your hood to the underground railroad, that MIGHT be a little offensive to some...

    in other news, i love rob and big!!! that show is so funny. the tree is cute. too bad you got it at food lion, we cut ours down from the woods :) nanny nanny booboo.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:41 AM  

  • haha yea sorry i think might have been offensive. oops well maybe our blog will be more interesting.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:33 AM  

  • ummmmm yeah i think that would be offensive to MOST who aren't living in 1875.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:30 AM  

  • dammit. i'll take it out.

    By Blogger oneofthemates, at 12:53 PM  

  • what happened to brende's blog?

    By Blogger oneofthemates, at 10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home