The Mates' Reality TV Life

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Crutches my ass!!!


Aight homies. Quick update. Regular doctor called yesterday freaking out, said he looked at my X-rays and I have a bad sprain with "joint instability" (whatever). "You need to get off your ankle immediately". So, I sat down. He instructed me to go get crutches and had already made me an appointment with the orthopedic man. Keep in mind that this is a 2 week old injury, right? Using crutches when you've been walking around on something seems really silly and is super annoying, but I tried my best all day today to do so. Well, good news!! I went to see Dr. Bacastow (?) and he said that yes, indeed, I have a severe sprain because not only did I tear the usual ligament that tears during sprains, but I also tore another one. In addition, I am having nerve irritation, which explains why I have tingly toes and loss of feeling in parts of my foot. He said that's due to the swelling. Blah blah blah. This blog is boring. The good news: no crutches and no weird braces or casts because of my nerve issues. The bad news: loooong recovery (6 months full recovery, at least 4 more weeks of doing nothing).

Did I mention that I ran a 10K in 56:16 on a "severely sprained ankle"? ;) I'm so humble.

Faris

6 Comments:

  • mate, we are alll sooooo proud of you!! so, what does this mean for the marathon? are we in, or out?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:39 PM  

  • Mate, maybe now you can go to the grocery store and get one of those grocery cart scooters that all of the old people get to ride around in. That would be uber sweet and you could get some pitras of you riding on it and the old men chasing after you on thier respective scootercarts...for the blog of course.

    Just an idea.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:46 PM  

  • Mate, maybe now you can go to the grocery store and get one of those grocery cart scooters that all of the old people get to ride around in. That would be uber sweet and you could get some pitras of you riding on it and the old men chasing after you on thier respective scootercarts...for the blog of course.

    Just an idea.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:46 PM  

  • We're in for the marathon. Give me a month before I start training though. It's gonna be tough, but I'm a fighter. Ya hear?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:48 PM  

  • We're in for the marathon. Give me a month before I start training though. It's gonna be tough, but I'm a fighter. Ya hear?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:48 PM  

  • So what do you have to wear/do in order for a recovery? And running/training for a marathon in one month??!! Faris!! Your ankle will never be the same and you'll never even be able to say the word marathon!! Well, just see how it goes.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home