The Mates' Reality TV Life

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Lucky 7-7-07!



I'm getting MARRIED kids! On lucky July 7, 2007! Check out this article about it, This past weekend, while watching the movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding, my boyfriend Caleb asked me to be his wife. It was so super exciting. The ring is gorgeous and more than I could have ever asked for. I am such a jewelry person, so having such an awesome piece on my hand at all times is the BEST. And it reminds me of my amazing man and all the excitement we have to come.

Even more fun has been calling and emailing everyone to share the great news. I have loved catching up with my friends and family. My parents drove down to Athens immediately and brought us champagne and an Emily Post etiquette book (our second Bible these days). Then two of our favorite friends took us to dinner...and omg I couldn't stop getting up and going to the bathroom to call my bridesmaids! So, Mate is going to be my matron of honor and I'm her maid of honor. How much fun! We promise not to bore the blog with too much of our engagement bliss.

Here is a pic of Caleb asking my Dad's permission. It's so weird finding out later that things have happened that you didn't know about! And a picture after the engagement.

--FARIS

8 Comments:

  • yay!!! i'm so glad you updated!! all of our random blog friends need to know the news!!!! congrats to mate and cay cay! can't wait for OUR BIG DAYS!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:05 PM  

  • yay for cake. congrats mate.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:55 PM  

  • mate, hot off the press, just found out eva longoria is getting married on 7/7/07 so i might not be able to make your wedding. sorry. but i think theirs will be a little more a-list. hey, if i'm gone, i'm gone.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:59 PM  

  • HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:17 AM  

  • Faris-congrats! What fun! When is Alison's wedding?

    oh--and you should take a close-up of the ring! =)

    By Blogger merritt, at 7:07 AM  

  • Faris..... it looks like i'm too late..... well i guess i'll just have to take the ring back.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:28 AM  

  • merritt, you need to check the mate tv archives to read about my engagement...looking for something entitled "i'm getting he-otched beotch" in august.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:21 PM  

  • Stew, you SHOULDN'T have returned it. You will be soooo sad you did. There are so many great uses for Emily. Go get Amy Vanderbilt if you have an issue with Emily.

    By Blogger oneofthemates, at 12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home