The Mates' Reality TV Life

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Guilty Pleasures?


Today is one of those guilty pleasures kind of days. The kind where it rains all day and the only thing you can WAIT to do when you get off work is go home, kiss your dog....and your man too, get in your sweats and watch E! until your eyes blur. And then tomorrow when the girls at work ask what you did last night, you evasively reply, "Oh nothing, you?" When really, you just had one of the best nights of your life! You just don't want to admit it. So that had me asking myself, why are our guilty pleasures....guilty? If something makes me happy then I should just enjoy it, right? Wrong. I love hip hop music and very cheesy pop songs, I get great pleasure from listening to Britney Spears' "I'm a slave 4 u" and Fergie's "My humps" but when someone asks who I'm listening to these days, I answer the newest, cutting edge artist that people may not have heard of yet, because that is coooooooool. Then I get in my car and ask myself, "How come everytime you come around my LONDON, LONDON BRIDGE WANNA GO DOWN?"

Recently, I've changed jobs. Actually, I've changed careers. And I find myself feeling kind of embarrassed telling people what I'm doing because it's not as OFFICIAL as my previous job. BUT, it makes me happy. Therefore, why be embarrassed? So, no more!!! I'm following Sheryl Crow's line of thought, "If it makes you HAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPYYYYYYYYYYY, it can't be that BAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAD".


Update: 8:19 p.m I got home from work at 5pm. Kissed my dog. Kissed my man. Took a nap until 7 pm. Woke up. Called Pizza Hut. Ordered large pizza. Ate two pieces. Ate a wonderful Reese's Peanut Butter Egg. Didn't feel guilty about a thing. Progress.

8 Comments:

  • good blog mate. i'll start bloggin again soon. social lockdown continues. thesis due in...i don't know, but friday. took the rest of the week off due to sheer panic. goodbye!!

    By Blogger Connor Family Blog, at 5:55 PM  

  • i think you forgot the part about watching a movie after pizza. all in all i think this night was one for the books!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:49 PM  

  • Reading your blog is my guilty pleasure. But I don't feel a bit guilty...so I guess it's just my pleasure. Ha! You had forgotten how incredibly clever I am, hadn't you? Love ya hooch!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:19 AM  

  • mmm peanut butter eggs...

    By Blogger *jcg, at 7:08 AM  

  • mate. for crying out loud. freaking blog.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:30 AM  

  • What is your new career...and how are you doing anyway? You miss me? Of course you do.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:40 AM  

  • shelby!! you need to scroll down and read what my new career is fool :) i'm working at skirt! magazine. don't you and your realtor friends need to advertise with MOI??

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:41 PM  

  • hmm april 11. today's the 25th.
    something's wrong with this picture...
    blog about bowling or something.

    By Blogger *jcg, at 2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home