The Mates' Reality TV Life

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Run FARR-RIS run!!!


I love to run. And lately (well, since March 29th), I've had a spear in my side in the form of a severely sprained ankle. But yesterday when I went running, I didn't think one bit about my ankle, about how tired I was from being out late on Saturday night, or even how hot it was for 7:30 PM. I was running all out. Have you ever just run at full speed for your whole run? It feels REALLY good. I had no reason to do it that way, I just liked how it felt. It hurt, but in a good way. Usually when I run, I find myself smiling at people as they pass and having all kinds of chipper, happy thoughts. I think that I have these thoughts because running is something that I can succeed at during a day where I may have failed at other things. But during this particular run, I felt like I was running off a lot of stress and anxiety. If I could just run faster, I can make myself feel better about the first day of school coming up. If I make my body hurt more, then maybe my ankle will suddenly not be injured anymore and I'll be able to run the half-marathon. The more I ran and the more it burned, the less I thought about other worries. Anyone else had this experience with anything? I often wonder what people do if they don't run or bike or hike or something. Hmmmmm.
-Faris

1 Comments:

  • YAY Faris is RUNNANG again!! So we can run in Chicago! She is my best running buddy!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home