The Mates' Reality TV Life

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Lowcountry Highlights


Shalom Bitches. The video is amazing. Super props to Ron. The entire Smith family, including Bebe and Buddy have seen the video and now err'body in the club knows how we do. We having a bblllast down here in the lowcountry. To start, I rolled up on Tuesday and spent a few days relaxin' all cool. I went to the beach, did a little work, went running, you know the drill. I had the pleasure of going on girls' night with the S.L.U.T.S. (Southern Ladies Up to Somethin'). Now that's funny. My mom and her friends call each other the W.R.E.N.S. (Women Recently Empty Nested). What's up with that? Do we need a name for our friend groups? The M.O.T.H.E.R. F.E.R.S. (Mo Old Times Had Every...). Okay, we give up. So Drew came down Thursday night and it began!! On Friday morning, theses ladies got up and ran 45 minutes on the bee-atch. It was an amazing workout. We can still feel the burn. Then we shopped and went to the beach. Watch out, Greenville. Drew got some HOT new threads. OMG interruption. Kite surfing. Drew and I are absolutely intrigued by this sport. First of all, the men who were kite surfing were hot. Second of all, it's cool to watch. We'll learn soon enough.

Hopper got here Friday night. Oh, and the parents. So, we went to a 10:45 PM dinner at a BAR called Red's that's on Shem Creek (see facebook pictures). I had a trailer park scene with a guy who came up to me and said, "I love your breasts". Except, he didn't say that. Drew clarified later that he actually said, "I love your dress". And I was a bitch. Naturally. We went out afterwards in the Upper King area...you know, to "live the game", because that's how we do. I lost my credit card, but gained a group of friends in the process. We were a little OOC, but Millan, Brad, and Chickamunga took good care of us. Today we went out on the boat all day and it was SWEET. A perfect ending to the weekend. Tonight we said, "the hell with going out" so we decided to blog and facebook instead. Awesome. We're sunburned, full, tired, but very very happy after an amazing weekend in the lowcountry.

3 Comments:

  • i don't know any of these people you speak of. also, i think you may have barged in front of the previous post...just an observation.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:54 PM  

  • Haha, I love how I'm being censored on my own blog. Sorry, Lucy, all the posts are here to see. It's a two woman blog. Isn't the video hilarious and amazing!? -Faris

    By Blogger oneofthemates, at 12:47 PM  

  • No mate, I'm not anonymous Lucy, I don't know who that was. But I can feel their pain. :) I'm soooooo jealous about yours and Drews ab fab weekend in Charleston, y'all know that's my place. Sigh. I guess I'll just have to get over it. time to get back to work.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home