The Mates' Reality TV Life

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Quarter Life Crisis


Yea, I know you're all thinking of the John Mayer song, "might be a quarter life crisis...or just the stirrin' in my soul." Well, kiddies, here I am at 1:48 AM on my 25th birthday. My mom sent me some "stats" on my birth which were good to know (7 lbs 1.5 oz, 21 inch long, born at 12:46PM). I haven't reviewed those in awhile. I think it's important to know things like that and to ask your parents about what you were like when you were little. My dad called my mom today and asked her, "You know Faris' birthday is tomorrow, right?". She was like, "Yes, remember, I birthed the child!". Oh how blessed I am to have parents that remember all of those little moments and still like me enough now to want to talk about it. Most years on my birthday, when my dad calls, he reminds me of what he did the day I was born. He tells me about what restaurant he went to while he was waiting and even the emotions he had expecting his first child (fear, anxiety, and excitement).

Maybe that's is why I'm such a brat about my birthday. My parents have always done a really good job at making me feel so special. I really like to have fun things to do around my birthday. Luckily, last weekend I was able to have a great birthday party in Atlanta, put on by the one and only Mean Girl (Rebecca). Many of my friends were there, but I still felt sad that many weren't there. I wasn't mad at anyone for not being there; I just truly like being surrounded by my favorite people. I'll post some pics. I'm obsessed with big parties and I want EVERYONE that is my favorite person to be able to come. Is that too much to ask? ;) On Saturday, we are going to the lake for my family birthday party. It will be a birthday/4th of July celebration with the boat and Mom trying to kill us all with her mean driving skillz. My two little cousins, Micah and Suzanna, Aunt Barbara, Uncle Robbie, Brende, Mike, Caleb, my grandparents, Mom and Dad will all be there. Yay!!!

Anyway, I doubt that I will have a "quarter life crisis", but I do think that birthdays are a good time to reflect on how far you've come and consider where you'd like to go. Hey, before 25, I've graduated college, taught for 2 years in Atlanta, and finished half of my masters, among other things. Mate, you're probably throwing up in your mouth because I'm being cheesy, but as you all know, I've been known to post some mushy posts. Goodnight!

-Faris

2 Comments:

  • Ron, I need help because my blogger won't let me do pictures. It let's me upload them like normal and says "Done", but then nothing changes on the actual blog (like there is no extra writing that appears at the top like it normally does). SOS HELP! Sorry everyone else, I tried to post pics of my birthday party. Try facebook. John Comer, get a facebook account. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:16 PM  

  • i dont know why you are having issues faris. i dont think alison is having any problems. i will look into it and get back to you.

    happy 25th! pour one out for your homie.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home