The Mates' Reality TV Life

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Merry Mate is getting murrrried!!!



Meet "Merry Mate". Her name is Sarrin and she is the blonde in the pink tube top. She's getting murrrried on June 10th. I want to set you all up for the next few weeks in the lives of the mates. Prof is even going with us, so this blog will be sittin' pretty between June 7-12th. WE'RE DRIVING TO SOUTH FLORIDA FOR SARRIN'S WEDDING!!! Yes, Alison and I will be bridesmaids in Sarrin and Rob's (Robby in his real estate/family world) wedding in Marco Island, FL and Aaron ("Ron", my nickname for him) will be along for the ride. Or hopefully the drive because we'll be taking turns driving. So, Sarrin orders us these super expaaaansive bridesmaid dresses (I'm ok with her reading this because I bitched from day 1 about the price.) and of course the piece of fabric doesn't fit my super unique body. Does yours fit, Mate? I keep forgetting to ask you, all those millions of times we've talked lately. Ha. Mate and blog readers, I'm here to tell you, Bessie at Bessie's Alterations on Milledge SET A GIRLFRIEND UP! Putting on my altered dress today was like slipping on Cinderella's slipper. Bad analogy. Continuemos. I'm pumped about all kinds of other things like the fact that there will be so many fun Furman people like: Erik, Smitty, Hunter, and Spurgeon...who are ALL riding down together, I might add. A very hot carload, in my opinion. :) We're going to be at the beach! It'll be like college. My girfriends and I hanging out with all the Sigma Chi's at the beach, having way too much to drink, etc. Circa Beach Weekend 2001, Jekyll Island, GA "Get It Right". Yes I still wear the tee shirt. It's hot. I'm looking over at my bulletin board of pictures and I'm thinkin' I HAVE to scan in a picture of the MATES at one of the Sigma Chi beach weekends we went on at Furman. Nevermind my headband, ok?!

I am not responsible for my actions between the days of June 7th and June 11th. Amen.

-Faris

6 Comments:

  • mate, i can't wait..woohoo!!!!!! i don't know if ron is going to be able to go though because of his dad. so we might be thelma and louisin' down to s. florida. i'll keep you posted homie. great pics that you posted. i was feelin' the love. i haven't talked to emily in 3 weeks!!

    By Blogger oneofthemates, at 5:09 AM  

  • Hey mates, it looks like I will be returning on Monday as scheduled. My dad gets out of the hospital today or tomorrow as long as there are no complications so it looks like you will have me on your Thelma and Louise journey, but please don't shoot me like they did. Maaaaaaaaate when are you going to be done with school on Wednesday?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:46 AM  

  • i think "crazy" and "furmanites" put together is funny. what's that word when two words are put together that mean opposite things...? but yes, it will be fun and i'm so excited about this quasi vacation!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:04 AM  

  • oxymoron

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:34 PM  

  • you go smartest person alive!! answering questions and being humble at the same time!!! do they have a word for that?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:55 PM  

  • genius

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home