The Mates' Reality TV Life

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Mi carro nuevo



Folks, I bought my first car. I did it. It was slightly an impulse buy and slightly pre-meditated. Premeditated in the sense that I have been planning on buying a car with better gas mileage for my commute to and from Grayson High School. Impulse in the sense that I wasn't planning on buying it until later this summer when I actually had an income. Regardless, the car buying "bug" got me on Monday, May 8th after having lunch with my dad. He basically told me that my Lexus SUV was a ticking time bomb as well as a money pit and that I should quickly get rid of it before it breaks down and I have to put tons of money in it. So, he called his guy, Evan, at Acura of Greenville, who I met over at Honda. Within an hour, I had test driven my car (I was the first person to even test drive it!), had my old car appraised, numbers figured and presented to me...and eventually I had bought a car! It is a white 2006 Honda Accord EX. It has all the bells and whistles that I can't live without like leather, sunroof, and built in XM radio. The greatest part about my new car is the gas mileage. I was getting 17.5 miles to the gallon on a really good day in my SUV. Now I'll be getting as much as 35 miles to the gallon on the highway in my Accord. Unbelievable. Do you like your car? Why?

5 Comments:

  • If you've got the money, you're welcome to get the stuff I already have. But, we share clothes so it would be a waste to buy double, right?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:18 AM  

  • nice job mate mater. that car looks h.o.t. it will be weird not driving in the lexus egg, but i'll get over it!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:18 PM  

  • alison mate, you need to start identifying yourself when you make comments as "oneofthemates". People are getting confused. :) Love to my mate!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:54 AM  

  • Nice ride, just remember... It's hard out here for a pimp.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:39 AM  

  • nice ride - we're a honda family and have had them forever. also, congrats to Allison on her puppy - so cute, puppies are cute, cute puppies, i luv puppies - thanks for commenting on the site. hi arron

    By Blogger Kate, at 2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home