The Mates' Reality TV Life

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Sleepwalking

I sleepwalk. Sleeptalk. And sleepscream. However, I haven't sleptwalked (to my knowledge) in the past few years until last night. Now, yes, I have woken up with random items of clothing in my bed or woken up lying on the wrong end of the bed, but I haven't had one of the scary experiences in awhile. Last night at 1 AM (1 hour after going to bed), I apparently, bounded out of bed, walked down the stairs, looked at my sister and when asked, "what are you doing?", I copped an attitude and walked over to the front door to look out the window. Clearly. Then, I started walking through the den, all the while she is making a crazy "what the hell is going on?" face, and I suddenly stopped and asked her, "Is it the middle of the night or something?". She begins interrogating me, "Are you awake? Are you sleepwalking?". I insisted upon being awake and sometime during this discussion I actually woke up. I was confused, started to giggle, then went back to bed. I tell you: I would NEVER have remembered this incident had Brende not brought it to my attention on my facebook wall that I read the next morning.

Other funny sleep stories. When I was probably about 9 or 10, I sleptwalked out of my cabin at summer camp and happened to pass by my counselor on her way back from her evening meeting. She carried on a conversation with me that made no sense and walked me back to the cabin. Who knows where I was going? I had NO recollection of that experience. She was terrified and put a bell on the cabin door from then on. #2 The first night that MATE (AKA the other person that shares this blog with me) and I stayed in our freshman dorm room, apparently I got up and wandered around the room. When she politely asked me what I was doing, I began yelling at her to "SHUT UP!!". Way to make a first impression. The following year, our sophomore year, I bounded out of my top bunk, turned on the lights and insisted that there were "spiders everywhere!...can't you see them?!". That was one of those that I woke up and realized the ridiculousness of it as the "spiders" slowly disappeared from my vision.

Believe me, there are more stories. Mom, how many times did I come in y'all's room ranting about some dream or wake up on the couch downstairs? Got any good stories, any of you friends of mine?

3 Comments:

  • Stay off the LSD mate. Spiders...seriously.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:25 PM  

  • yeah, mate after that first night, i went to the admissions office and requested a change of roomate form. i never told you but you freaked the crap out of me.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:52 AM  

  • WHAT!!!??? Guess you didn't submit it, as I turned out to be the coolest cat in the universe.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home