The Mates' Reality TV Life

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Tasty Florez


Tonight I went to see Florez play at Tasty World in Athens. It's a really cool bar where lots of fun small bands come and play. I always have fun when I go there. Last time Florez came in town, which was like, maybe 3 months ago, they played at Tasty World. It's hard though, because both times they've played on weeknights, this particular one being a summer weeknight where there aren't many students in town. Only a few avid fans showed up for the show, including some Furmanites...but not many (James Kilpatrick and Brian Tickner)! It's always super weird to me...well, always meaning these 2 times...anyway, it's weird to me to be at a Florez concert without my Mate and Spurgeon and everyone that I typically associate with those concerts. I was telling Erik about my feelings on this and he didn't seem to understand. See, he's been with Florez way past Furman and that's where I have them stuck. I think of Homecoming out on the mall rocking to Alex and the band and hearing them at the Handelbar. Florez + Athens = Bizarre. By the way, check out Florez at www.florezmusic.com. Oh, and the boys are hot. Sizzlin' hot.

Side story: on our way home (right after fearing that the cop behind us was going to pull me, even though I was dead sober), Charlsie, Bren and I saw a car in front of us swerving. MAJORLY SWERVING. It was so scary that we followed it up Barnett Shoals Road. After watching this swerving and driving extremely slowly/then quickly, we made the executive decision to call the cops. Probably sensing us stalking them, the car pulled into an apt. complex. We left, hoping that the cops would take it from there. I'm not one to tattle, but guys, this was serious. I would never want anyone I know or love to be in a car anywhere near this guy/girl. All in a hard day's work.

-Faris

4 Comments:

  • mate, the chicago marathon is $90, what the hell? that's a lot for me to run 26.2 miles. i don't know about this mate...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:24 PM  

  • yea i gotta call my doc today and get him to hook me up with some physical therapy or sumpin' before i can run that sucka!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:50 AM  

  • alright i just paid the 90 bucks. geez.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:48 AM  

  • i love my mate in case you didn't already know that. i wanna meet bella baby.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home