The Mates' Reality TV Life

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Funneling and Flipcup

Well, oh well. The Mates time traveled back to 1999 and our college days this past weekend in Columbia, SC. It all started out in the apt of my lovely sorority sister Whitney. We piled into an SUV and quickly realized that the car was full of Furman grads. Blog readers, I cannot tell you the last time I was in the car with all Furman people. I mean, I live in Athens now. So many of my friends went to Georgia. They could care less...they say "Furman, shurman". Well, not really...but you get my drift. Anyway, so we finally make it to our parking spot and mosey over to the REAL tailgate, which consisted of a butt-load of Furman grads...all younger than us...but all fabulous. There was a nice array of Adpi girls, Chi o girls, and Sigma chi boys. Back in MY day, where you would find Adpi and chiOs, there would be SAEs...but this was their tailgate, right? And I have a love for the sigmacheeees as well. So, we chowed down on some barbecue, wine, beer, whatever was there...OH LORD...these things called "Gooey Butter Bars" that Emily Geer brought. Slap my momma good. Then FLIP CUP commenced. All I know is that I went to the bathroom and when I came back, my mate (Alison French Williams) was playing flip cup like a frat boy would. She was so into it...and GOOD at it! This is Alison speaking: nobody but mate knew this, but I had never played flipcup before and I didn't even know what it was!! But I just pretended I knew what I was doing and then all of a sudden, I rocked at it. Word. Back to Faris: It reminded me of the good times that we had at Furman playing drinking games like flipcup, quarters, jackass, cornhall (well I was always drinking when we were playing, right?!). Then, as if this gathering couldn't get anymore like college...THE FUNNEL came out. At this point, I thanked the good Lord that the E-bags were NOT around, as they expert funnelers, shown by BetaSig performances. We got crunk (or at least tried) and wandered across the COCK valley in search of Mr. and Mrs. Smith. After returning from the visit with my padres, we had a slight panic attic when we realized that the parking space previously inhabited by our car was empty...luckily cell phone service resumed and we were able to get someone to come pick us up. Part II: We get back to Whitney's house and everyone from the tailgate was having a "party" at her house. I knew it was a party from the minute I walked in from the glorious smell of pot smoke. Alison again: I believe our exact words were, "Ewww, mate what is that smell? Is that weed? Gross. Well, just follow the smell and we'll be at Whitney's. Pot is so 10 years ago, everyone knows coke is the drug of choice" We all proceeded to watch the Dawgs stomp USC. Whitney found out today that one of the sketch balls that came to the party actually credit carded his way into her apt, causing her to have to replace her lock. If you have any information about this incident, contact Whitney Smith at www.facebook.com. When I walked out of the apt at 10:00 the next morning, there were various randos strewn throughout the loft. I was just happy that I got to sleep with my lover, Whitney. She loves me so much that she slapped herself in the face in the middle of the night. Love you Whit.

PS--Can't get pics to work, as usual. Have great ones, though. Will post soon.

--FARIS BUELLER

ALISON WRITES--I just want to give a WHAT WHAT to matetv reader Becca B in Charlotte. I'm so proud that the word of mate tv is getting around and even though we don't know each other that well, you know about my life :) Leave a comment. Thanks.

2 Comments:

  • Oh my gosh I am so creepy. It was nice to meet you in person Allison, you were everything i thought you would be in real life. :) Haha. I WANT PICS!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:47 AM  

  • shhhhhhhhoot strep throat. don't you cry

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home