The Mates' Reality TV Life

Monday, September 04, 2006

People get on my nerves and that's it.

This is going to be a short blog until mate gets her stuff together and starts blogging, but until then it's all about ALISON. So, last night our friends Leigh and Kyle had a small fete for the day of Labor that is today. And at the last minute they invited some friends of theirs whom we know but we don't know that well. So, the girl is a spanish teacher at a local magnet school and everytime I see her she's always talking about how dumb her students are and it just pisses me off, like our schools aren't in enough trouble? Some teachers are walking around talking about how stupid their kids are? Now I know I haven't been a teacher and I never will be but Aaron is a professor and never once has he been like my kids are so stupid with a high and mighty air about him and Faris never has either, which is why I respect them as teachers. Anyway, so that got on my nerves and major strike against her. Then she starts going off about how she's learning french and proceeds to tell everyone she's only taken 3 french classes and can parler le francais tout la journee long. Like seriously she was walking around conjugating verbs and trying to talk to Kyle and I in french. Kyle is a lot more patient than I am and finally i was like, "oui, je parle francais mais seulement quand c'est necessaire et ce soir a CHARLOTTE NORTH CAROLINA, CE N'EST PAS NECESSAIRE." even her husband laughed. I wish people didn't get on my nerves as much as they do. Thanks DAD. (I got that trait from him) but I think the rest of blog world would agree. Amen and Amen. Adelaide, I hope you're laughing as you read this.

2 Comments:

  • I have to agree with said blog. It might have been one of the most annoying and adolescent things I have been a witness to in quite some time. For one, just because I am a professor doesn't mean that I am smarter than anyone else. All it means is that I am older and more schooled than all of my students and that I get pleasure in relaying the information that has been passed down to me to someone else. This in no way means that I am a genius or whatever. So, I do not feel that it is wise to make myself feel better by belittling the very people who keep me employed.

    Secondly, I like French and I speak a little Spanish but I must say I don't give a crap about anyone who decides to learn a language and wants to be the center of attention by telling everyone about it ALL FREAKING NIGHT. I mean really, get a life.

    Sorry it was long, thanks.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:21 AM  

  • hilarious! you know i was laughing out loud. tu me manques!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home