The Mates' Reality TV Life

Thursday, September 21, 2006

XM Radio "Radio of the Future"


OK. Does anyone here have XM radio? Well, I do. When it first came to be years ago, I invested in a "Roady", which was a little device that enabled me to listen to XM radio in my old car. I loved listening to all the different stations...and never hearing commercials. I didn't even mind paying $12 a month or whatever it was. When people got in my car, they always asked what the little black box was. "Faris, what in the hell?...you've got more technology in this car than in a recording studio!?" Anyway, I had a lot of things, because, let's face it, I like technology. I like gadgets. I like iPods, computers, cars (they are technology, right?), scantron machines, projector screens, language labs (exciting blog on language lab to come), etc. So, I was such a happy camper. I never got the XM radio officially installed in my car...so I just ran the antenna thing up on my dash board. It was all very ghetto, but my boy at NalleyLexus in Atlanta made my cords all nice and neat, so I was happy.

Then things changed. I bought a new Honda Accord (see previous blog). It came with XM INSTALLED. How cool is that? I can actually see the song name/artist/whatever on my little screen. I can even control my XM radio as I control all my other radio stuff from my steering wheel.

THINGS HAVE CHANGED PEOPLE. XM radio, the "Radio of the Future" that they advertise...is...going to complete crap. It is full of advertisements that make me absolutely looney. Not normal advertisements. Like advertisements about how to discipline your kid or something. And I swear to the good Lord that I heard a McDonald's commercial yesterday. I paused for a moment of silence in remembrance of how amazing XM used to be.

-Faris

8 Comments:

  • wow, mate!! way to go on the blog. oh so proud am i. i have been totally uninspired about the blog. my life has been bout it bout it with work, and i can't write about work on the blog cause people get fired for that.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:15 PM  

  • scantron machines???

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:32 PM  

  • um yea. love 'em. you know, the machine you put scantron forms into. scantron forms=bubble forms that schools use for testing. that was kind of to be funny because scantron machines are not really super technological.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:34 PM  

  • true but typewriters are.

    in other news, alison told the pastor of our church that my name was ron jeremy and she(the pastor) thought it was funny because she didnt know who he was and was telling everyone that it was my nickname. yeah i didnt think it was uber funny.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:13 PM  

  • I'm just saying....... is allison ever going to blog agian... I mean I like Faris better so it's cool.... but it seems like you might want to put some effort in A....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:54 AM  

  • I'm not sure who "Allison" is, but I'm sure that when she reads that, ALISON will be sure to let you know why she hasn't been blogging lately. Miss you Mate. Call me.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:55 AM  

  • faris come on we all make mistakes no need to get snotty.......

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:46 PM  

  • who are you anonymous? show your face wimp. alison does not feel like a biscuit in butter!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home