The Mates' Reality TV Life

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Moving on up


Moving can be fun, especially if you have advanced notice. In my case, I've will have had about 7 months to get ready for my big move to Augusta. It's fun because I've known my address for that long too. I already know it and it's fun to write it on stuff that I know won't be coming for a few weeks/months. So, lately I've been going through all of my belongings and deciding which things are worthy enough to make the big move and which things I have to say goodbye to. Last night, I said goodbye to a real telephone (like the kind you plug into the wall in your house...omg!), lots of trinkets because I hate trinkets and luckily Caleb does too, and other random things like a Mancala game and one of those squishy things that I used to use to avoid having sore wrists while typing. Last weekend, I graduated from Georgia with my Masters, so earlier this week I had the joy of throwing out allll of my notes and readings from the past two years. I held onto a few key readings that I think will help me if I ever find myself in a debate about bilingual education or confronted with some other topic of debate--because when you get into an argument, you go back into your notes and pull out readings (*note sarcasm*).

I think that moving is really good for the soul because it forces you to revisit memories that you may have suppressed or haven't fleshed out completely. My favorite thing I found was a box with all of my diplomas, awards, test scores, academic and athletic letters from high school, and so many other cool things from my life. "You vain goat!" is what Mama Fay would say.

Top 5 things I found last night when packing:
5. Box of wrapping paper, gift bags, and tissue paper that my mom gave me when I went to college (just so I would be prepared for special events!)
4. My CPR book. I really need to brush up in case I'm able to help in an emergency situation.
3. Some of the tapes that Mate and I used when we recorded "letters" to each other when I was in Costa Rica and our whole Senior year.'
2. A print of the bell tower that one of my youth leaders gave me when I graduated. She was a very special blessing to us in high school.
1. Baggie of tickets....everything from movie tickets to football tickets to concert tickets (think Dave Matthews in high school, Britney Spears, etc.), Falcons, et. The cool thing is that now I've added many more like the SEC championship and the Masters!

Are you moving this summer?

-FBS

7 Comments:

  • I just moved and I didn't find it nearly as enjoyable as you apparently did.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:30 AM  

  • Barf!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:37 PM  

  • Well, I was tired of the negativity...so you got frivolivity! :)

    By Blogger Connor Family Blog, at 4:56 AM  

  • double Barf!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:40 AM  

  • alright, anonymous that's enough!! get your own blog dammit.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:12 PM  

  • hmmm when i moved i think all i found was pictures of myself when i was in college. it was scary to see frosted tips and facial hair. and i thought that looked good???

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:32 AM  

  • I bet you looked psychadelic HOTTTTTTT. Good thing you're marrying my mate.

    By Blogger Connor Family Blog, at 3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home